15 February 2012

Welcome Little Liam!!!

Liam David Lista. Born via scheduled c-section on Monday February 6, 2012 at 7:41am. He weighed 7 pounds 9 ounces and was 20 inches long. Welcome to the world and welcome to our family. We waited a long time for you to come!

Diego couldn't "officially" cut the umbilical cord because of the sterile field but they left a length of it so he could cut that.  He says it was like cutting though a hose.
Our first family photo - in the operating room.
Our second - in recovery.
Con su abuela de Argentina.
Proud Papi.
Like Father, Like Son - our little rock n roll baby!
Ready to go home in his little AC/DC onesie.
He looks so small!!!He looks like a dwarf in that carseat.  If fact they kept us an extra day in the hospital cause he kept loosing weight.  I know they are supposed to loose weight but he hit the 10% mark and that set of the proverbial flashing red light.
1 week old.  There are alot more of these cute yawning and stretching shots on my Facebook page.




To be  honest, I had no idea just how much attachment was involved.  I mean, I love this little man to death so emotionally I am that attached.  Physically it seems that he could spend days just nursing and then sleeping by my side.  It wouldn't be so much of a problem except that I am, in fact, not making enough milk to nourish my little guy so he is never satisfied.  I feel like a failure.  My one responsibility at the moment and I cannot fulfill it. It's taking quite the emotional toll on me...  So, we are now parents who were set on solely breastfeeding that are now breastfeeding, pumping and supplementing with formula.  And still trying to figure out the balance at that.

14 witty retorts:

shana Wednesday, February 15, 2012  

Whata cutie pie. I love that you brought him home from the hospital in an AC/DC onesie. Classic. Good luck!!!

Nicole Wednesday, February 15, 2012  

What a cutie!! Congrats!!

Nicole Wednesday, February 15, 2012  

And don't be so hard on yourself about the breast feeding. The one job you REALLY have at the moment is to take care of that little guy and it seems that you are doing that...no matter how he's fed! :)

Jeannette Valenzuela Wednesday, February 15, 2012  

Wow he is adorable and you two will make and are great parents the rest will all fall into place. He is a blessing and you will find balance and peace and your motherly instinct will come into play :D congrats

Sara Wednesday, February 15, 2012  

He is a cutie pie! And I love his name! Also, don't worry about the breastfeeding thing... I was born 2 months premature, and I wouldn't take breast milk at all. I turned out alright, I think. :)

But seriously -- don't stress it. As long as love is there, he will be as perfect as he looks!

(He is really, really cute.) :)

Elizabeth Thompson Thursday, February 16, 2012  

Loved seeing this. I am so happy for the little Lista family. I second Nicole on the breast feeding thing. I went through the same thing with all three of mine. With Evan I was really devastated. I fed, pumped, supplemented with formula, took herbal supplements to increase supply. I really tried everything. I do hope that things will settle into place for you guys. But if it doesn't, know that you did all that you could and take comfort in the fact that we are blessed to live in an age where we have alternatives. Sending good booby vibes :)

Catherine Thursday, February 16, 2012  

You are not a failure! Look at the beautiful, perfect little man you just grew in your own belly and brought safely into the world! He needs that incredible love you two are giving him just as much as he needs milk. Don't let it get to you, focus on the amazing gift of a loving family that you are giving him! So many children don't get that unconditional love that Liam will have from his parents.

I'm so happy for you!

YoungWomen27 Thursday, February 16, 2012  

Try alfalfa! They say that works wonders. Bringing ababy home is full of all kinds of emotions. Knowing you and Diego he is a very beautiful and lucky little by!

Anonymous Thursday, February 16, 2012  

I agree with all of the comments about the breast feeding. You can try fenugreek (?) herbal supplement or tea, drink lots and lots of water, but if at the end of the day there just isn't enough milk, Elizabeth is right...we are so blessed to have the alternatives we do. He'll be just fine. Just keep enjoying that precious little man. Congratulations to you both. - Heather Shepherd

Liz Thursday, February 16, 2012  

Congratulations Lista family! Liam is adorable. I absolutely love the AC/DC onsie (and the picture of Liam in his AC/DC outfit being held by Diego in his AC/DC shirt is really too cute!). I wish you all the best. Enjoy your wonderful baby. Keep the pictures coming!

Rachel Thursday, February 16, 2012  

Ahhhh, and so the Mommy guilt begins...there's always something...try to remember how much good you do, how much love and sacrifice you give him and give yourself a break for crying out loud. :) He looks like such a sweetie pie! Congrats you guys!

JennyE Thursday, February 16, 2012  

Shannon, he's so so cute! Mari mentioned your plight with breastfeeding and I thought I'd add my two cents, since my little guy is only 3 months old and I've had a similar experience (though the comments here already are great). Soon after I returned to work, my milk supply went way down because I was really stressed and not getting enough sleep (I also started a second job - ugh). I was so heartbroken and somewhat devastated (which didn't help the stress level of course). Thankfully, my baby has taken to the formula, but still prefers my milk. The experience has probably affected you more than it did me, because Liam's still so little, and you've still got the new momma hormones flowing in your veins :). Do your best, and be rest assured that it won't change how little Liam adores you, or the bond you've developed. Feeding time will still be special because you're his mom and you're providing him with what he needs. (p.s. Isn't it amazing how quickly your heart expands with so much love for such a little person??) I'm so happy for you!

msjb Thursday, February 16, 2012  

I love you. And, I am so happy for you all. He is beautiful. I know how you feel with the drama around making milk. My son's dried up at eight months and I was devastated. I never had that much to begin with because he was in the hospital for so long....it was hard, but Liam will do just great with formula and mothers milk. I had to use banked milk for a while too which brought up all sorts of weird inadequacy issues. Then I realized there would be many more things I could help him through, and I have. You are in for quite the adventure, my love! Congratulations!

Sara Thursday, May 10, 2012  

Wow! I am a little late to this, but congratulations, Shannon! He is a cutie! Truly, it makes me so happy to see you happy. :)

  © Blogger template Ramadhan Al-Mubarak by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP