11 September 2005

Rome - The Intermediary Point

In Order for me to get to Cairo, I had to use another city as a between point. Since I haven't done Europe yet, I just that stop over in Rome to my advantage. I was there maybe a day and a half but I saw everything I wanted to see and got some great picture and great culture. I am very proud of the above photos of the Coloseum. Below is me with the Coloseum in the background. I was by myself the first day (Laura couldn't make the flight and hung out in Nice, France) so I took advantage of the time by seeing the old city and taking all the photos my heart could desire. I also took the time to offer my services to anyone looking like they were taking a photo of their friend/family. I know how it is to travel alone and not have any one to take my picutre so I offered to let both people be in the picture as often as I could. And sometimes I would get them to return the favor.


The inside of the Coloseum. I can't imagine all the brave, valient (and some shady) men who lost their lives here for the sport of it. There is a cross here now to symbolize that no more lives will be taken here. I overheard a tour below me and the guide was saying that if hell were a place on earth, it would be here.

On a lighter note, a church was the first thing on my list of sites (it being the closest to me) and that is where I met this cute old man feeding the pigeons. He had this huge, crustly loaf of bread that must have been too hard to tear/for the birds so he was dunking it in the fountain in front of the church. After it was sufficiently soaked, he took it back over to where the birds were and continued to feed them. Every so often he would look at me and my camera and make kissing faces at me. Good times...

At the Trevi Fountain. There are fountains and plazas everywhere. This one they say that if you throw a coin over your shoulder and it makes it into the fountain that you will return to Rome. Do you see the size of the fountain?! How could you not make it!?

The Spanish Steps at night. It's like the mall. Everyone just hangs out there people-watching, playing instruments, socializing, what-have-you...

Me at Vatican City.
The Sistine Chapel ceiling. You aren't allowed to take pictures but I got brave.

Me with Giovanna and Laura in the courtyard of the B&B where we stayed in Rome. She was very nice to us. I think I won her over in the beginning when I gave her a hug.



1 witty retorts:

Sara Monday, September 12, 2005  

Lookin' good, Sha-non!!!

  © Blogger template Ramadhan Al-Mubarak by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP