21 September 2007

Time Out For Women

My aunt invited me to Time Out for Women this weekend and I got to meet Michael McLean who was hosting the event. He wrote the Forgotten Carols. He's a great songwriter but not so great as a singer. Still powerful though. He sang one of my favorites of his "From God's Arms, To My Arms, To Yours." He shared with us his own struggles with depression and being a good Mormon and how faith will overcome and how finally the answer is simply to take the pill. His was a literal pill but in other cases I can imagine it being something else simple like looking at a serpent on a staff or dipping in a pool. Anyway. The was also a musical fireside featuring Joseph: A Nashville Tribute to the Prophet. It was way good, but I think it was better live. It's powerful songs mostly about 3rd parties and their lives and effect on the prophet: like Hyrum, Emma, Porter Rockwell, an irish immigrant, etc... Anyway. It was a good time to be with the girls in my family and to recenter.

0 witty retorts:

  © Blogger template Ramadhan Al-Mubarak by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP