04 September 2007

Sedona, AZ - Labor Day 2007

I must be brave or stupid to post this picture... I've discovered that Diego's "white" is darker than my "tan." Alas, this is what we did for Labor Day. Slide Rock in Sedona, Arizona. This was my parent's first date.
It's this natural watering hole area. There's a place to wade around, a place to just off a cliff, a place to slide down a mini rapid. Plus, it naturally has pretty cool landscaping.
Sorry. Most of these pictures were taken from my car.... (**insert slapping wrist sound**) Bad Photographer, Bad!
Sedona is at least 10 degrees cooler than Mesa. It was SOOO great to roll down the windows and enjoy the gorgeous weather and not be stifled my heat. I don't want to live in the desert forever...

5 witty retorts:

Rachel Friday, September 07, 2007  

Looks like a lot of fun. How long of a drive is it from Mesa to Slide Rock?

Heather S. Sunday, September 09, 2007  

OH MY! I miss Arizona sometimes... Especially Sedona. You have to understand Slide Rock was were we'd go when I was LITTLE all of the time. I'd ditch school to go to Sedona, we went to see a live band near Sedona! I am so jealous you live so close, however, I wouldn't want to live in Mesa. It's a fun place though!Glad you had fun!

Lyndel Tuesday, September 11, 2007  

I loved Slide Rock when I was young! Look at you happy married people... miss you lady!

Ashley Terry Thursday, September 13, 2007  

Awww, my beautiful Shannon!!! You look great - per usual, and it looks a beautiful area!! I need to go out that way to visit...I haven't been there before!

You and Diego are so cute!! LOVE IT!

LaLona Monday, October 22, 2007  

I am so jealous!!! I used to go to Sedona about once a month to go hiking. I climbed those gorgeous Phoenix mountains about every week. AHHHH! I am stuck here among Atlanta's concrete buildings, wishing I were there.

  © Blogger template Ramadhan Al-Mubarak by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP