10 January 2008

New Years in Flagstaff

So Diego was missing the cold and the snow so we decided to spend the night in Flagstaff over New Years. There wasn't really any "new" snow, but it sure was COLD! The next day we drove over to the Petrified National Forest. It's kind of interesting to think about just how long this stuff sat under water especially for it to be a desert now. And what amazed me even more is that it still looks like wood on the outside!
We also got to see some petroglyphs left by this ancient civilization. I feel like I sound really uneducated right now and I could just remedy that by looking up the information but I'm too lazy so here is the link to National Park Service's page.
The top is a long view and the bottom is a close up of the image above.

1 witty retorts:

Heather S. Saturday, January 19, 2008  

It's funny to me that you're totally playing in my neck of the woods these days. It makes me very homesick! But I'm glad you get to see it too! I loved the petrified forest, although I haven't been there in years.

  © Blogger template Ramadhan Al-Mubarak by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP