26 May 2008

Bread and Cake ALL Weekend!

This weekend was our 1-year anniversary so we took our cake out of the freezer and it fared fairly well. It was yummy too! My cousin Nikki made if for us - just what we wanted, white cake with caramel filling!
I found this book called "Artisian Bread in 5 Minutes a Day" so I tried my hand at bread making. The 1st loaf turned our well so I attempted some of my own varieties with the remaining dough.
Here I am with the Rosemary, Cinnamon Sugar, and Kalamata Olive varieties. Rosemary was Diego's favorite and I like the Olive. The Cinnamon Sugar probably need a sweeter dough though. I will try that again later. Plus, the crust was TOO crusty for me. Diego loves it but I gotta find a happy medium. Any suggestions?
So with that, we pretty much ate bread and cake all weekend long. And it was goooood...

4 witty retorts:

Heather S. Tuesday, May 27, 2008  

Look at your hair! It's so long! Looks yummy!

Heather S. Tuesday, May 27, 2008  

well, I mean your hair doesn't look yummy... the bread and cake do.

M Crew Thursday, May 29, 2008  
This comment has been removed by the author.
M Crew Thursday, May 29, 2008  

I came to comment on the bread and your hair, but looks like Heather beat me to the punch.

  © Blogger template Ramadhan Al-Mubarak by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP