01 December 2008

Utah for Thanksgiving

Diego and I went to Utah for Thanksgiving. We wanted to go last year but Van Halen won out... We stayed with my friend Jenny and had Thanksgiving dinner at her parents house. It just so happens that her dad was my Stake President for a bazillion years and her mom taught my seminary class. This pictures shows 3 of Jenny's for kids - 4 boys and eventually a

We had lunch at The Pie and Christy and Scott Porter met us there with their spouses.

Diego and I did a bunch of touristy stuff - although we've both done them before.
We had dinner with some of Diego's friends at an Argentine restaurant in Clearfield. We were there for 3 hours and didn't even know it. It was good food too, straight from Argentina!
The next night we had dinner with some of my friends. Below is Jenny (who we stayed with) and her husband Robert. **Incidentally, she's the one who bought me Twilight" and got me hooked.**
Neither of us have family there but we both have lots of friends. I spent 6 years in college in Utah and Diego considers it his home away from Argentina. We got Diego's friends in one shot but mine left at different times so from top left we have: Dara - from my freshman year at BYU, Frank - Diego's friend that couldn't meet us the previous day, Christy - a roommate from Atlanta and Daniel - a friend from my stake back in Louisiana. Talk about a time warp. Much fun. Although, we both say we're not going back until we forget how long the drive is!

2 witty retorts:

Kelli Proctor Wednesday, December 10, 2008  

Shannon! I felt so bad for missing this! It was a crazy weekend! Looks like it was a ton of fun! Next time!

Supershepherds Wednesday, December 10, 2008  

Still sorry we couldn't pull it together and do dinner with you guys. But next time you come, you'll have another place to stay if you like. I'm glad you had a good visit.

  © Blogger template Ramadhan Al-Mubarak by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP