18 December 2009

Merry Christmas to Us

Our Christmas was a little bigger than normal this year.  In November, we celebrated our official debt-free-ness so we decided we would splurge a little bit and spend what would have gone towards bills in December.  We'll start saving again in January.  That, coupled with our Christmas money from my family we were able to purchase some things on our wish lists.  (Much to my father's dismay, we opened our Christmas presents early.  In our defense, they looked like regular Christmas cards that you are supposed to open.  I guess next year he's gonna have to put a warning label on them.).  Anyway.  Here's our loot!

FOR DIEGO:
Blue Man Group Tickets.
This was one of the main reasons we went to Vegas for Thanksgiving.  Actually, that whole trip was part of our Christmas money...  I had seen them before but he had never seen them.  Love their music.  Funny too.  But for me, it was better the first time.


This next item isn't actually at our house just yet but it will be soon.  Diego is from Argentina and having a gas (vs charcoal or wood) grill may seem like he's turning his back on his heritage but it just works for us.  We have a charcoal grill now but it takes so much time.  This will be so convenient, it causes so much smoke (for our neighbors) and it doubles as an emergency preparedness item.  I guess my present to Diego will be putting it together.  He very much dislikes putting things together.


FOR SHANNON:
I've been trying to divine a way to organize my food storage and then one blessed day I found this beaut on sale 50% OFF.  So I waited to confer with Diego then I snatched it up.  We don't quite fill it up but we will.  And man, it took FOREVER to put together.
 
And lastly, this - Nutrimill grain mill.  It's kinda funny how our gifts are so practical these day.  Not sure it that's good or bad.  I could still use a gift certificate for a massage or something but at least I can continue to make fresh bread with fresh ground wheat flour.  Thanks, Aunt Judy, for letting me borrow yours for so long.  You'll remember that I bought myself a Bosch for Christmas last year.  These 2 go perfectly together.
 
Merry Christmas to us and A Happy Finally Out of Debt New Year!!!

1 witty retorts:

Sara Monday, December 21, 2009  

Oooh -- I love Shelf Reliance! I've been wanting to get their Cansolidators for quite some time now . . . Someday.

Funny how Christmas changes. Who knew that I'd eventually go nuts over food storage items? :)

  © Blogger template Ramadhan Al-Mubarak by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP