06 July 2006

My Birth Month

I am celebrating my ENTIRE birth MONTH. Hey, it's not every month you pass into another decade!

It started off excellently. We got back from Vegas a day early so I slept in the next morning before having a go at the day. It was quite productive, I must say. In 2 hours I got a new drivers license, an oil change, my emissions tested and my car washed. I thought it'd take 2 hours just to get my license renewed. Cool! I finally found pillows for my couch and a rug for my living room. Then my brother came over and we met up with a few of my friends for dinner. After that, I saw "The Devil Wears Prada" with a girlfriend of mine. So that was Saturday.

Sunday I taught my last lesson as a Sunday School teacher. Really I've only taught maybe 4 times but they thought my talents would be better suited as co-chair of the Publicity Council. Pretty much they want to resurrect the Ward Newsletter. Little did they know that I was the very same co-chair when I first arrived in Atlanta and I started the newsletter to begin with. Okay, so I invite some friends over to my small abode to make Chinese food. (Truly, you can't make Chinese food by yourself. It just takes too long to cut everything and wrap all those potstickers alone...) Anyway. It was way yummy. We then watched "Between Heaven and Earth," a church movie about temples. But that wasn't enough for us. We then went to another house where she made chocolate chip cookies and watched "Finding Neverland." To complete the progressive evening, I spent the night at yet another house and she made breakfast for us the next morning.

So now it's Monday and only 3 days into my birth month. A girlfriend and I go get pedicures and then make our way to the BODIES exhibit at the Civic Center. We didn't end up going through as I had a facial appointment at 4pm and I didn't want to cut our time short. We bought tickets for tomorrow instead. Now, it's facial time... After that I bought a frozen pizza, made chocolate chip cookes and watched television. I had no desire to go out with everyone. I instead worked on a new banner and layout for the newsletter. If anyone is interested, I have an article I wrote that I need some men to read to make sure it's not fluff (the women have already had their hands on it).

So now it's Tuesday, the 4th of July. I spent THREE HOURS in the BODIES exhibit. Good thing we didn't try to squeeze it in yesterday. Later, I laid by the pool with some friends and ate watermelon. Exactly what I wanted to do. Don't you ever get the random urge to do a bunch of specific nothing? Maybe that just happens to me. Anyway. After lounging there was a quick shower before running off, late, to my friends BBQ.

For such an eventful 3 days I certainly don't have any photographs to prove it. So, you get this one, my driver's license photo. It's funny that I'm smiling so big. I didn't think you were allowed to smile in these photos so I was trying to smirk, sort of half smile/half not and the guys takes the picture and just looks at me. "What? Do you have something against smiling," he says. "I didn't think you were allowed to smile," I say. Needless to say he took a second picture. It must have just been a Louisiana thing 'cause my brother comes over and the first thing he says is, "Why are you smiling so big?" Bother. Me and my crooked smile... Part of what makes me - me.

2 witty retorts:

Sara Wednesday, July 19, 2006  

Hey, that's a really good driver's license picture! Probably the best I've ever seen!

Sara Wednesday, July 19, 2006  

There should be an award for that.

  © Blogger template Ramadhan Al-Mubarak by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP