18 June 2009

Argentina Otra Vez

How often do you get to go to Argentina 2 years in a row? Now very. We were lucky, not rich. This is us in the ball pit at the peloteria where they had Valentina's birthday party.
Inside the Casa Rosada (their version of the White House) the day we arrived - no showers yet.
Cafe Tortoni's for a tango show. Diego and I fell in love with the accordion and we subsequently bought LOTS of tango music.
A picture of the band and the dancers at the tango show.
Proof that Diego has karaoked.
With his best friends Adrian and Alejandro at a party at Alejandro's house for their old classmates. When I say old, I'm talkin' elementary school.
Before the Boca Junior game. Unless you are a season ticket holder, you have to buy scalped tickets and sit in the visitor section with the rest of the tourist. BOO! Nevertheless, the game was good.
Mis suegros. My in-laws.
I spent 2 weeks in Argentina without Diego and attended a Spanish school almost 2 hours away in the capital. This was my teacher Maria Clara.
We had 6 people (a full class). This is only 3 of us. The guy on the right end is my new friend from New Zealand.
None of Diego's family speaks English. Sometimes it wasn't fun to be forced to speak Spanish. Now that I am home, I don't feel like I learned a whole lot. Huh. Still, I wouldn't trade my little study abroad. If nothing else, I got to know Diego's family better. And that will be important because who knows when we will be able to go back...

3 witty retorts:

Christy Thursday, June 18, 2009  

I'm totally jealous about the tango show. I wanted to do that!

Sara Thursday, June 18, 2009  

Way to go with the Spanish, Shannon! It's crazy that there's this completely new side of you that we on the east coast don't even know!

You look great and sound happy! Yay!

Kelli Proctor Friday, June 26, 2009  

looks like such an awesome trip?! DO you think you will ever move there? That chocolate drink looked yummy! Glad you had such an awesome time!

  © Blogger template Ramadhan Al-Mubarak by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP