23 September 2009

3-month Food Storage

Here's what our food storage looked like when I posted about it in May of 2008.
Here's what it looks like now, almost a year and a half later. Never fear. It's not all contained here. We have water under our bed and behind the closet door. We have #10 cans under the bed and along the wall (all in our bedroom). And we still have bags laying around that still have cans in them. Oh, and we have cans under a table in our bedroom too. AND THIS ISN'T EVEN FINISHED. No! Not even with the food part. And then there's still paper products and personal hygiene... Ugh!
Anyway. Here's the curtain I made to hide as much stuff as possible. I don't have a sewing machine so I used that Heat N Bond stuff.
And with the extra fabric and cork circles, I made some coasters. We needed some. Or maybe my dad could make some... (hint, hint) They could even be lined with cork. I got mine at Michaels.

4 witty retorts:

Sara Wednesday, September 23, 2009  

Hmmm . . . I like the coaster idea! It's difficult to find cute coasters sometimes, so this is perfect!

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer Wednesday, September 23, 2009  

You go girl...I'm impressed with all the food storage AND the cute, crafty little curtain! And you said you weren't crafty...pish! Also, great job on the baby shower candy pacifiers. They look adorable!

Christy Thursday, September 24, 2009  

You have inspired me.

Kira Monday, September 28, 2009  

You've inspired me too! Love the curtain idea. I've been working on our food storage and haven't given a thought to the paper products and personal hygiene etc., the non-food essentials that should be stocked up too, so thanks for the reminder :-)

  © Blogger template Ramadhan Al-Mubarak by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP