13 October 2006

Gulfport, Mississippi Relief Work

So it just so happened that while I was home in Louisiana before taking off to Arizona my ward from Atlanta came down to Gulfport to do some Hurricane Katrina relief work so I joined them.
Karlita and I took the task of demolishing a bathroom similar to this one...
...into this. What you don't get to see in this picture is all the mold that was on the ceiling!
On the left is the lady who owned the house, Ms. Triplet. On the right is the 13-year old helper, Tyler, that came down with a member of the Roswell Stake. The kid already has a retirement fund. I'm 30 and I don't have a retirement fund! But besides all that, I was really impressed with this kid. He doesn't have the Gospel in is single-parent life and yet he's got such a good head on his shoulders. He's gonna be a force to be reckoned with if he stays on track!

0 witty retorts:

  © Blogger template Ramadhan Al-Mubarak by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP