18 October 2006

Road Trip 2006 - Day 3

Sunland Park, New Mexico
Christ of the Rockies

I would have loved to have hiked up to get some better photographs but a few things stopped me. One of which was this gigantic sign warning of "banditos." I think one day a month the path is lined with Border Guards for people to hike in safety. Besides, it was starting to rain and my mother was in the car.
Christ on the cross. I believe it was a gift from Mexico to show peace between our two countries. Over that mountain, Mexico.
I'd heard of the infamous "banditos" so when I saw this and took a picture I though they were watching me. Turns out they were watching me. They were the National Guard. Some very nice Border Patrol officers came over to talk with me cause the Guard called them informing them that someone was taking pictures of them. And I thought I was all smart...
Las Cruces, New Mexico
The Recycled Road Runner

It's off on one of the eastbound rest stops.
This close up gives you an idea of the types of things this bird is made of. Tennis shoes, tires, keyboards, fans, yada yada.
Also as this rest stop was an overzealous truck driver with the Halloween spirit. Seriously people!

0 witty retorts:

  © Blogger template Ramadhan Al-Mubarak by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP