23 August 2009

Sis. Crandall makes a good point

So as you may or may not know, my SO (Significant Other) and I attend a Spanish Branch at church. And since I don't really speak a whole lot of Spanish I, sometimes, feel out of place. This is especially true with respect to callings. Under these circumstances, it seems as if my callings are less about where does the Lord need me most and more about where can we put the girl that speaks English. So when they called me to the Primary and put me in the Nursery (at a terribly inopportune time, I might add), I was a little miffed. I was with the Young Women previously and now I'm in the Primary - both places where they speak English. I guess I should feel grateful, I mean, a place where I understand. But I was looking forward to meeting the women in my branch and having the opportunity to practice some more Spanish. And now, well ever since they put me in the Nursery, EVERYONE has been asking ME how I feel about Sunbeams. Seriously!!!! Quit asking me!!! Ask the Lord!! Aren't these supposed to be divinely inspired callings anyway??!! And then I run into Sis. Crandall who calmly reminds me that I was called to the Primary, not the Nursery, not the Sunbeams. I was called to serve wherever needed. And she's right. I know she is, but still, make up your minds people. Nobody likes being passed around - including the people who I'm being taken from.

And just for those that are asking themselves, I'm not really sure why we stay in the Spanish Branch. Most of it is because they need Diego - worthy priesthood holders. I'm sure it's for me too. I need to grow is so many way and the Lord does work in mysterious ways. So I guess I should stop complaining and just go and do whether directly or indirectly from the Lord.

1 witty retorts:

Heather S. Monday, August 24, 2009  

I like this side of you... really.

  © Blogger template Ramadhan Al-Mubarak by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP