22 August 2009

This was supposed to be our "do nothing" day...

Every now and then, Diego likes to have a "do nothing" day. The kind of day where we get the grocery shopping and the laundry done on Friday night so we are free on Saturday. Last time we did this we slept in, read books, napped, did other stuff, watched a movie and slept some more. Not a bad "do nothing" day.

Well things, somehow, aren't nearly as relaxed as last time. I spent the better part of the day in the kitchen! What gives!!!? For breakfast, I made whole wheat blender pancakes (something I was trying out for our food storage). Then I had to prepare things for the family dinner tomorrow. It's our turn, read my turn, to cook. So I was making multi-grain bread and cutting and cooking chicken like there's no tomorrow. Then it was some focaccia bread dough from Fresh and Easy - for a snack. Lately we've been preferring to eat a big lunch and go really light on dinner so I attempted another creation possibly for our food storage. I thought there was a recipe for this out there but I can't find it. Black bean cakes made from black beans and stuffing mix.
They actually turned out pretty good. The rice has a sauce I made from canned pineapple and peaches and some brown sugar and butter. Later on in the evening I was back in the kitchen to make Orange Julius while we watched a movie. I guess we did get to take a 2 hour nap in the late afternoon. Any day you can take a nap is a good day in my book.

2 witty retorts:

Unknown Monday, August 24, 2009  

OK...I need some of those recipes you have for your food storage items. I need to start working mine into my routine a bit better. We also have a preparedness night coming up soon where I want to talk about this.

You are an inspiration! xoxo

Sara Tuesday, August 25, 2009  

Yum-mee! That food looks delicioso!

  © Blogger template Ramadhan Al-Mubarak by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP